Custom Revit Family Creation
Custom revit family creation is the process of creating a library of building products or mechanical components, mostly commonly using Autodesk Revit platform such that any change to a family type is updated and reflected instantly throughout the project which uses that family type, eg, if the dimensions of a window type is changed, all the windows of same family are instantly updated throughout the project. Such Revit families are known as Parametric Revit families. Usage of such intelligent or parametric families helps the project owner to maintain a centralized building information model for the project.
We provide standard as well as customized architectural library creation services for manufacturers, fabricators, architects and engineers for their product model catalogs, which can be downloaded directly by their customers from their websites. Leveraging our expertise in Autodesk Revit and extensive experience in BIM, we provide a plethora of parametric and non-parametric family creation services for architectural and structural building components. Once created, these BIM families can be used in various projects as required and can be modified at a later stage depending on the project requirements.
Family creation procedure
- Select the suitable family template(from ceiling-based, roof-based, wall-based etc)
- Define the family subcategories for optimum geometry visibility
- Create Reference plane and Reference line using ‘Reference plane,’ and ‘Reference line,’ tools
- Add & optimize Dimensions tools to specify parametric relationship
- Specify the family types using different parameters
- Create the model geometry and add relevant geometry
- Manufacturer’s submittals & product code
- 2D/Hand sketches
- Revit suite (Architecture, Strcuture, MEP)
- AutoCAD Architecture (ACA)